California College of Music
- Average Tuition USD 22,800
- Acceptance Rate 80%
- Campus Setting City
In the Blog
The mission of the California College of Music is to empower aspiring musicians with the skills and confidence to thrive in the modern popular music industry. Founded in 1999, CCM is located in the heart of the global music business. This provides a unique advantage for students seeking to create valuable industry connections while simultaneously achieving their academic and musical goals.
California College of Music is home to a vibrant musical community spearheaded by an experienced faculty with extensive scholarly and professional backgrounds. For the benefit of students and the public, CCM hosts frequent artist clinics, workshops, masterclasses, music movie screenings, and the Summer Shock youth music camp. The CCM Contemporary Ensemble performs frequently in public, as does the CCM Community Pop Choir, which has a free and open membership. CCM's Alumni Network is a close-knit group of graduates who help each other build careers in the music business.
California College of Music's excellent facilities include a world-class recording studio with control room mixing console and isolation booths, an impressive music library, a music technology center with digital audio workstations, a live ensemble performance space, a piano lab with grand piano and electronic keyboards, and personal practice rooms equipped with mics, amplifiers, drumsets, and keyboards.
- 01Professional Faculty & Rigorous Program: Our faculty members all have extensive professional experience in the modern popular music industry as performers, songwriters, and/or producers, and are also academically pedigreed -- most hold master's or doctorate degrees in music. Our challenging programs are carefully designed to quickly develop musical skills to enable powerful artistic expression and prepare students for work in the music industry.
- 02Tuition & Talent-Based Scholarships: In order to help alleviate student cost and create a society which includes more musicians who are economically empowered, California College of Music has set tuition costs that are the lowest among comparable schools, by far. We also offer an extensive talent-based scholarship program which more than half of our students benefit from, which can lower tuition costs by 10 to 50%.
- 03Location: California College of Music is located in beautiful and sunny Pasadena, CA with easy access to downtown Los Angeles, Hollywood (where much of the music industry is based), Disneyland, the Pacific Ocean, museums, shops, and local culture.
USD 11,400 Tuition Fee
USD 22,800 Tuition Fee
USD 22,800 Tuition Fee
SchoolApply Ranking N/A
- Minimum GPA 2.00
- Minimum incoming TOEFL iBT 45
- Minimum incoming IELTS 6.00
Financial Aid & Scholarship
Many students at California College of Music receive large talent-based scholarships which greatly offset the cost of tuition. You can apply for a talent-based scholarship easily within the Online Application by providing a 250-word personal statement about your musical goals, academic awards, and artistic accolades.
Established in 1999
There are no reviews for California College of Music yet,
be the first one to review.
Explore Careers of Alumni
Where they work
What do they do