Find Masters in HumanitiesCreate Account
Master Degree Programs in Humanities
Students typically pursue Master’s degrees after completing their Bachelor’s. A Master’s program prepares students for professional situations with advanced training in a given subject. These programs usually take one to two years of study for full time students depending on the requirements of the chosen program.
What Is a Master’s Program in Humanities?
Master’s programs in humanities cover the broad strokes of the field. However, many programs offer students the chance to specialise in a more specific field like digital humanities, advertising, education and research-based studies. Curricula for these programs will vary greatly, but students can expect to see course covering the following:
- Media Formats: What are the accepted mediums in various humanities niches? Students may look at print, newspapers, magazines, photography, graphic design, written works and inventive media formats.
- Humanities in Society: How does the humanities field interact with society as a whole? What drives the development of the humanities field in society? Students explore the answers to these questions in their coursework.
- Culture and Subculture: Students study cultural trends as well as the unique traits of subcultural groups. The context of these studies will depend on the students’ program and specialisation.
- Digital Humanities: In this course, students the effects and importance of data in modern society. They may learn some coding to help them better understand digital formats.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Master’s in Humanities?
With a Master’s degree, graduates have a credential to support their claims of professional skills. They have the opportunity to pursue internships and hone their skills in a supportive learning environment. Graduates can expect higher starting and career salaries compared to a secondary or undergraduate education. As students enter the work force, they can call upon their educational networks to find job contacts. Plus, if students wish to pursue Doctorate programs, they will have the training and credentials.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Master’s in Humanities?
After completing their Master’s in Humanities, students are prepared to enter the job market in a broad range of positions. The humanities path gives students a set of skills that apply to a broad range of positions, so graduates can be found in a variety of positions. Many recent graduates find entry-level employment in these fields:
- Marketing and Advertising: Professionals in this field may design ad campaigns, advise clients on campaign strategies or help write the ad content. Graduates may also serve to manage accounts.
- Education: Graduates frequently acquire teaching certifications to help them find employment in secondary schools and advanced learning programs.
- Media and Journalism: Degree holders may find work in news stations, magazines and newspapers in a reporting capacity. They may also work as analysts and consultants.
- Arts: Many humanities degree holders will become performers, art museum curators, art foundation managers and many other positions in the art realm.
Are you ready to pursue a vibrant career in the humanities field? Jumpstart your career with Master degree programs in Humanities. Hone your professional skill sets and to boost your credentials. Find a program that really match your interests and career goals.
Bath, United Kingdom
- 124SchoolApply Rank
- USD 17,669Average Tuition
- 89%Acceptance Rate
Bath Spa University (Bath Spa) has campuses located in Newton Park and Sion Hill, Bath, United Kingdom. Bath Spa also has a campus located in the market town of Corsham. Bath Spa offers over a 100 master’s degree programs across its 4 academic schools, namely: Bath Business School; Bath School of Art and Design; College of Liberal Arts; and the Institute for Education....
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
- 158SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,540Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
The University of Wolverhampton offers more than 500 courses through 18 schools and institutes. Located Wolverhampton, England, the university offers bachelor's and master's degree programs. Some of the schools and institutes available include the School of Humanities, School of Biology, Chemistry and Forensic Science, and the Institute of Sport....
Belfast, United Kingdom
- 164SchoolApply Rank
- USD 17,923Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Queen's University Belfast (Queen's) is a public institution located along the University Road in Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK. Queen's offers a wide range of master's degree programs across its three academic faculties namely: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering and Physical Sciences; and Medicine, Health and Life Sciences....
Salt Lake City, United States
- 169SchoolApply Rank
- USD 21,296Average Tuition
- 81.7%Acceptance Rate
University of Utah (the U) is a research-focused university located in Utah, United States, with it’s Asia campus located in South Korea. The U offers a wide range of master’s degree programs across nearly a 100 academic departments. These departments include Architecture, Biochemistry, Computing, Environmental Engineering, and Philosophy....
Dundee, United Kingdom
- 177SchoolApply Rank
- USD 20,910Average Tuition
- 80%Acceptance Rate
The University of Dundee (DU) is a public research university located in the city of Dundee, Scotland. The University has dedicated faculties through which it delivers master's degree programs to both local and international students ...
Tallahassee, United States
- 210SchoolApply Rank
- USD 20,043Average Tuition
- 55%Acceptance Rate
Florida State University, established in 1851, is a research-intensive University located on the oldest continuous site of higher education in the state of Florida in its capital city of Tallahassee, USA. The University offers a number of master's degree programs from its various Colleges including Fine Arts, Business, Engineering and Arts & Sciences....
Richardson, United States
- 236SchoolApply Rank
- USD 11,806Average Tuition
- 61.9%Acceptance Rate
The Carnegie Foundation classifies UT Dallas as a "comprehensive doctoral research university" and a "high research activity institution." Research projects include the areas of Space Science, Bioengineering, Cybersecurity, Nanotechnology, Behavioral and Brain Sciences....
Stirling, United Kingdom
- 240SchoolApply Rank
- USD 16,029Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
The University of Stirling is located just two miles from the centre of the city of Stirling in Scotland. The University of Stirling offers its undergraduate students the chance to select from almost 200-degree combinations. The university has a Graduate School which serves as a hub for its postgraduate community. In addition, the university has five faculties of Arts and Humanities; Natural Sciences; Social Sciences; Health Sciences and Sport; and the Stirling Management School....
London, United Kingdom
- 243SchoolApply Rank
- USD 25,423Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
City, University of London (City) is one of 18 reputed, independent member institutions of the University of London, and has a strong focus on research, business and the professions. City offers a wide range of master’s programs through its four campuses — three including Northampton Square, Bunhill Row and Grays Inn in London, UK, and one at Dubai International Financial Center in Dubai, UAE....
Tampa, United States
- 245SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,900Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
The University of South Florida (USF) is a public research institution located in the city of Tampa, Florida, United States. The university has three campuses through which it delivers master’s degree courses in the fields of health professions and related programs, business, management, marketing, and related support services, biological and biomedical sciences, social sciences, psychology, architecture, liberal arts, education and visual and performing arts....