Find Masters in Hospitality ManagementCreate Account
Master Degree Programs in Hospitality Management
Students typically pursue a Master’s degree after completing a Bachelor’s degree. Most programs require the undergraduate degree to be in the same or a similar field of study to ensure the students is adequately prepared for graduate level study. Most full time students will complete their course within one to two years.
What Is a Master’s Program in Hospitality Management?
A Master’s program in Hospitality Management will gives students a broad overview of topics like finance, effective management, leadership, tourism trends and similar subjects. Students gain a holistic knowledge of the hospitality industry to ensure they become effective managers. Many programs include an internship or field component to their requirements. Expected coursework will likely fall into the following categories:
- Business Practices: In this course, students learn how businesses are organized and the different components of a healthy business. The course will likely have students study business from the start up period through to the international or corporate level.
- International Hospitality Strategies: What are the demands of the international hospitality community? How to you cater to individuals from different countries and cultural backgrounds? These questions are answered in this course.
- Financial Reporting: Students learn how to manage the accounting side of a business. The course focuses on giving students enough knowledge to effectively manage a budget.
- Travel and Tourism: This industry has it’s own rules, trends and statistics and students will learn how to negotiate this information. From analysis to research, students delve into the travel and tourism industry.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Master’s in Hospitality Management?
Graduates leave their programs with the skills need to successfully manage a hospitality business. They have the chance to gain some real world experience to help them gain professional experience prior to employment. With their degree, they can expect to see higher salaries and qualify for a greater array of jobs.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Master’s in Hospitality Management?
Fortunately for graduates, a Master’s in Hospitality Management makes professionals highly employable. Hotels, event planning and conference management agencies are top employers for graduates seeking entry-level positions. Common titles for recent graduates of these programs includes:
- Accommodations Manager: These professionals ensure their establishment’s normal operations run smoothly. They oversee cleanliness, maintenance, budget control and similar issues.
- Event Organiser: These professionals produces events for fairs, festivals, company promotions, fundraisers and many more. They can work freelance or with an agency the specialise in event organization.
- Hotel Manager: These managers are responsible for the daily management of hotels and the various staffing departments. They are in charge of budgeting, organization, event planning, training, etc.
- Tour Manager: In this capacity, professionals plan the itinerary and accommodations of tour groups. They may work within an agency to plan company outings and networking events or they may work directly in tourism.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career in Hospitality Management? If so, it’s time to pursue Master degree programs in Hospitality Management! Find a program that matches your niche interests and will prepare you for the professional challenges ahead of you.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
- 93SchoolApply Rank
- USD 16,710Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Cardiff Metropolitan University (Cardiff Met) is a UK public Institution with two central campuses located in Llandaff and Cyncoed in Wales, United Kingdom. Through its 6 academic schools, the university offers master’s programs in a wide range of disciplines....
Chester, United States
- 224SchoolApply Rank
- USD 52,909Average Tuition
- 65%Acceptance Rate
Widener University (Widener) is a private institution with campuses in Pennsylvania and one in Delaware, USA. The university offers a wide range of master's degree programs through its academic schools namely: School of Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Engineering, Nursing, Human Service Professions; Delaware Law School; and Widener Law Commonwealth....
Cambridge, United Kingdom
- 244SchoolApply Rank
- USD 17,609Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Anglia Ruskin University (ARU) has 4 campuses located in Cambridge, London, Chelmsford and Peterborough, United Kingdom. ARU offers over a 100 master’s degree programs across its 4 academic faculties, namely: Arts, Law and Social Sciences; Health, Social Care and Education; Science and Technology; Medical Science; and the Lord Ashcroft International Business School. ...
Columbia, United States
- 319SchoolApply Rank
- USD 11,158Average Tuition
- 65.2%Acceptance Rate
University of South Carolina (USC) is an American Public University founded in 1801. The university’s primary campus is located in Columbia, South Carolina, and it has dedicated faculties through which it offers master’s degree courses....
Pomona, United States
- 348SchoolApply Rank
- USD 35,310Average Tuition
- 52%Acceptance Rate
California State Polytechnic University - Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) is a public university in Pomona, California. Cal Poly Pomona offers a wide range of master's degrees through its College of Business Administration; Education and Integrative Studies; Engineering; Environmental Design; Extended University; Letters, Arts and Social Sciences; Science; Don B. Huntley College of Agriculture; and The Collins College of Hospitality Management. ...
Orlando, United States
- 378SchoolApply Rank
- USD 21,500Average Tuition
- 50%Acceptance Rate
University of Central Florida (UCF) is a comprehensive research university located in metropolitan Orlando, Florida, USA and offers about 87 Master's degree programs....
London, United Kingdom
- 431SchoolApply Rank
- USD 12,500Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Middlesex University is located in London, UK. The courses offered at a Bachelor\u2019s level are in areas that include Art and Design, Business, Education, Social Sciences, Film, Media and English, Computer Science, Engineering and Maths. One of the focuses in the area of Art and Design is Animation, with many facilities that include a recording studio and communication arts studios.Middlesex University is located in London, UK. The courses offered at a Bachelor’s level are in areas that include Art and Design, Business, Education, Social Sciences, Film, Media and English, Computer Science, Engineering and Maths. One of the focuses in the area of Art and Design is Animation, with many facilities that include a recording studio and communication arts studios....
Miami, United States
- 435SchoolApply Rank
- USD 23,600Average Tuition
- 50%Acceptance Rate
Florida International University (FIU) is Miami's first and only public research university. Located in South Florida, USA. FIU offers a wide range of master's degree programs....
Poole, United Kingdom
- 480SchoolApply Rank
- USD 17,106Average Tuition
- 71%Acceptance Rate
Bournemouth University (BU) is located in Bournemouth on the South coast of England, United Kingdom. BU offers over a 100 master's degree courses through 4 academic faculties, namely: Faculty of Health and Social Sciences; Faculty of Science and Technology; Faculty of Media and Communication; and the Faculty of Management. BU also offers courses through The Business School....
Manchester, United Kingdom
- 516SchoolApply Rank
- USD 20,656Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU), is a public university located in Manchester, UK. MMU offers master's degree courses in a wide range of faculties including the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Faculty of Business and Law and Faculty of Education....