Find Masters in FrenchCreate Account
Master Degree Programs in French
A Master’s program is a graduate course of study in a specialized topic. Typically, students have previous experience in their Master’s subject and seek to deepen their professional skills sets in the area. The length of a country varies with the country, institution and program of study, but they usually last between one and two years.
What Is a Master’s Program in French?
To gain entry into a Master’s in French program, students must demonstrate a certain mastery of the language and may benefit from studies related to French culture. Through the program, students develop their conversational proficiency and may have the opportunity to travel abroad. Common coursework includes:
- Advanced Grammar: Students begin to learn the advanced nuances of the French language. Coursework may delve into particularities of various accents and dialects in the French-speaking world.
- Professional Conversation: This course gives students the chance to speak French in professional capacities. For instance, students may talk about law, politics and advanced topics to gain vocabularies and conversational ability.
- Cultures and Societies of the French Speaking World: In this class, students learn about the cultural connections between various French speaking countries as well as cultural particulars.
- Teaching Methodology: For those students intending to pursue and career in education, this class gives students the tools need to break down the French learning process for others.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Master’s in French?
The Master’s program helps students gain mastery in French language and topics related to the French-speaking world, but what other advantages do students gain?
- Increased Salary: A Master’s degree signifies a high level of French language proficiency and frequently results in higher starting salaries. Additionally, higher career salaries are also common.
- Prepare for Doctorate Programs: A Master’s degree can be one step on the road to a Doctorate in French or French related studies. In fact, most Doctorate programs prefer candidates with Master’s degrees.
- Build Professional Network: Find the right position in the job market is made easier when you have a series of professional contacts. Professors, classmates, internship mentors and tutors are all the beginnings of a professional network.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Master’s in French?
With a Master’s in French, many graduates choose to either pursue a Doctorate degree or enter directly into the field with job titles similar to:
- Interpreter: This professional works actively in the field and serves to translate on the spot for clients. In this capacity, many professionals enjoy freelance work or choose to work with and agency.
- Translator: These professionals focus on translating already written works or recorded videos. Translators will usually translate French into their native language either on a freelance basis or for a company.
- Teacher/Professor: Many graduates will move on to become educators. They may teach at advanced secondary schools or highly regarded teaching posts.
Are you considering Master degree programs in French? If you’re excited about the prospects of learning about French in depth, start looking for programs that match your interests and career goals. Begin improving your career and skills today!
Chicago, United States
- 170SchoolApply Rank
- USD 42,430Average Tuition
- 74%Acceptance Rate
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is a public research university in Chicago, Illinois, United States and has 15 academic schools through which it offers interesting master’s degree programs in a wide range of subject areas....
Chicago, United States
- 201SchoolApply Rank
- USD 52,402Average Tuition
- 70%Acceptance Rate
DePaul University is a private Catholic University located in Chicago, Illinois, US. DePaul University offers master's degre programmes in fields including Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Social Sciences and more. DePaul University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission to grant master's degree programmes. ...
Tampa, United States
- 245SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,900Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
The University of South Florida (USF) is a public research institution located in the city of Tampa, Florida, United States. The university has three campuses through which it delivers master’s degree courses in the fields of health professions and related programs, business, management, marketing, and related support services, biological and biomedical sciences, social sciences, psychology, architecture, liberal arts, education and visual and performing arts....
Columbia, United States
- 315SchoolApply Rank
- USD 11,158Average Tuition
- 65.2%Acceptance Rate
University of South Carolina (USC) is an American Public University founded in 1801. The university’s primary campus is located in Columbia, South Carolina, and it has dedicated faculties through which it offers master’s degree courses....
Albuquerque, United States
- 339SchoolApply Rank
- USD 36,898Average Tuition
- 45%Acceptance Rate
University of New Mexico (UNM) is an American Public University founded in 1889 and located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Through its dedicated faculties, UNM offers master’s degree courses in a wide range of disciplines....
San Jose, United States
- 362SchoolApply Rank
- USD 18,700Average Tuition
- 67%Acceptance Rate
San José State University (SJSU) is a metropolitan university located in San Jose, California, U.S.A. SJSU offers a wide range of master's degree programs through its eight academic schools including: Lucas College of Business; Connie L. Lurie College of Education; and Charles W. Davidson College of Engineering....
Athens, United States
- 489SchoolApply Rank
- USD 11,548Average Tuition
- 74.3%Acceptance Rate
Ohio University is the oldest public institution of higher learning in the state of Ohio. Located in Athens, Ohio, the university offers over 250 bachelor's degree programs and 6 graduate programs. The school that has the biggest enrollment for bachelor's degree students is the School of Recreation and Sport Sciences....
Toledo, United States
- 556SchoolApply Rank
- USD 31,347Average Tuition
- 94.7%Acceptance Rate
The University of Toledo (UT) is a research-intensive university with two campuses located in the city of Toledo in Ohio, United States. UT offers a wide range of master’s degree programs through 13 academic colleges, including: the College of Health and Human Services; College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences; College of Education; and the College of Engineering....
London, United Kingdom
- N/ASchoolApply Rank
- USD 23,727Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Newcastle University London (Newcastle London) is a public institution located in London, United Kingdom. Newcastle London offers master's degree programs designed by Newcastle University's Business School....
Long Beach, United States
- N/ASchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,666Average Tuition
- 31%Acceptance Rate
California State University - Long Beach is a teaching-intensive and research driven university located from Long Beach, California that offers a variety of baccalaureate majors and master's degree programs across 8 colleges. California State University, Long Beach is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)....