Find Masters in Health ScienceCreate Account
Master Degree Programs in Health Science
A fulltime student generally needs one to two years to complete a Master’s program. Some course may take longer due to internship or research project requirements. Most programs will require students to complete a Bachelor’s degree in a related field before acceptance. Master’s programs are designed to give students competitive professionals skills.
What Is a Master’s Program in Health Science?
A Master’s program in Health Science applies to a broad array of programs. The degree gives the student training to succeed in public health, nutrition, health services administration and occupational therapy. These programs tend to vary greatly with universities offering three or so variations or concentrations within the Master’s degree. Common coursework overall includes:
- Healthcare Quality: Students learn how to evaluate current health systems for effectiveness. They learn about the challenges facing an increasingly complex healthcare system.
- Evidence Based Practice: How do students evaluate health care quality? They rely on evidence-based practices like data collection and analysis. Students learn how to support conclusions with current, real world data
- Research Methods: Students learn how to put together research projects from start to finish. They are exposed to professional level resources and learn to navigate them effectively.
- Medical Sciences: Students can select from a broad range of topics like Cancer Biology, Behavioural Science, Genetics, Health Care Law and more.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Master’s in Health Science?
A Master’s program in Health Science gives students the opportunity to learn a range of subjects and skills making them a diverse entry-level professional. After completing a Master’s degree, students reap these benefits:
- Expanded Job Pool: Thanks to a wealth of diverse knowledge, students can qualify for a range of positions under the health science umbrella.
- Doctorate Preparation: If students wish to take their education further, they have the qualifications and skills needed to succeed on the next level.
- Specialized Knowledge: If they wish, students can complete a specialisation that gives them a competitive edge in the job market.
- Professional Network: When they need jobs post graduation, students can call upon mentors, professors and tutors for recommendations.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Master’s in Health Science?
Following the completion of their Master’s degree, students have the option to advance into Doctorate programs in a Health Science concentration. Many students will choose to move into the professional sphere to begin their careers. These students frequently find entry-level jobs with titles like:
- Environmental Health Scientist: These professionals research possible environmental threats and perform tests to evaluate their claims. National and local agencies hire these scientists to enforce food, water and pesticide regulations.
- Biostatistician: These professionals usually work close with policy analysts and similar medical professionals within state, federal, private and academic institutions. They statistically analyse the relations between health-related issues.
- Health Services Administrator: These professionals manage the operations of health care facilities. Depending on the facilities size, they may manage budget, personnel, training, human resources and/or daily operations.
Are you excited to start your career in Health Science? Start looking for Master degree programs in Health Science that match your interests and overall career goals. Begin today and don’t wait to improve your future path.
Southampton, United Kingdom
- 68SchoolApply Rank
- USD 26,638Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
University of Southampton (Southampton) is a public institution located along the University Road in Southampton, United Kingdom. Southampton offers a wide range of master's degree programs across its five academic faculties namely: Arts and Humanities; Engineering and Physical Sciences; Environmental and Life Sciences; Medicine; and Social Sciences....
Cardiff, United Kingdom
- 91SchoolApply Rank
- USD 17,315Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Cardiff Metropolitan University (Cardiff Met) is a UK public Institution with two central campuses located in Llandaff and Cyncoed in Wales, United Kingdom. Through its 6 academic schools, the university offers master’s programs in a wide range of disciplines....
Dublin 2, Ireland
- 114SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,226Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
The Trinity College Dublin (TCD) is located in Dublin, Ireland. Situated in the multicultural European Capital, TCD offers undergraduate courses in a wide range of disciplines that come under the faculties of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering, Mathematics and Science; and Health Sciences. ...
Chester, United Kingdom
- 119SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,983Average Tuition
- 65%Acceptance Rate
The University of Chester is one of the oldest universities in the UK. Founded in 1839, it is a public university situated in Chester, England. The University has dedicated faculties, through which it delivers master’s degree programs to local and international students. ...
London, United Kingdom
- 126SchoolApply Rank
- USD 18,181Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
St Mary’s University London (St Mary’s) is located in Twickenham, London. St Mary's offers over 50 master’s degree programs across its 4 academic schools, namely: Arts and Humanities; Management and Social Sciences; Education, Theology and Leadership; and Sport, Health and Applied Science....
Salt Lake City, United States
- 170SchoolApply Rank
- USD 21,296Average Tuition
- 81.7%Acceptance Rate
University of Utah (the U) is a research-focused university located in Utah, United States, with it’s Asia campus located in South Korea. The U offers a wide range of master’s degree programs across nearly a 100 academic departments. These departments include Architecture, Biochemistry, Computing, Environmental Engineering, and Philosophy....
Chicago, United States
- 171SchoolApply Rank
- USD 42,430Average Tuition
- 74%Acceptance Rate
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is a public research university in Chicago, Illinois, United States and has 15 academic schools through which it offers interesting master’s degree programs in a wide range of subject areas....
Normal, United States
- 193SchoolApply Rank
- USD 33,465Average Tuition
- 74%Acceptance Rate
Illinois State University is the first publicly-funded higher education institution in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois. It offers undergraduate majors and graduate degree programs in a wide variety of concentrations including applied science and technology, arts and sciences, business, education, fine arts, and nursing. Illinois State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission....
Pittsburgh, United States
- 210SchoolApply Rank
- USD 25,000Average Tuition
- 73%Acceptance Rate
Duquesne University is one of the largest and most comprehensive private Catholic universities located in the urban area of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. Duquesne offers a wide variety of master's degree programs....
Birmingham, United States
- 225SchoolApply Rank
- USD 34,549Average Tuition
- 86%Acceptance Rate
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) is a public research university in Birmingham, Alabama, United States. Through its twelve faculties, the university delivers master’s degree programs in the fields of accounting, anatomical science, anthropology of peace and human rights, art history, biology, biomedical and health sciences, biostatistics, business administration, civil engineering, clinical laboratory sciences, clinical pathologist assistant, clinical/medical social work, engineering, mechanical engineering, nuclear medicine technology, nurse anesthesia and many more. ...