Find Master Degree Programs in PaediatricsCreate Account
Master Degree Programs in Paediatrics
A Bachelor’s degree provides a foundational education that is often good enough to find an entry-level job. When it comes to healthcare, however, there are many advantages to pursuing a postgraduate education. A Master’s degree takes one to two years to complete and provides a good jumping off point toward a doctorate. This is essential for anyone who wishes to become a doctor or other professional in the medical field. Those with an interest in helping children might consider researching Master degree programs in paediatrics. A few of the universities around the world that offer such programs are
- University of Toronto – Department of Medicine
- Imperial College London – School of Medicine
- Columbia University – Medical Division
- University of Michigan
- University of London – Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
- University of Oxford
- National University of Singapore
- McGill University – Department of Medicine
- Boston University
- University of Alberta – School of Medicine and Dentistry
What Is a Master’s Degree in Paediatrics?
Paediatrics involves the study of health issues and conditions that affect children, from infants to young adults. Study focuses around medical care for infants and children. Students might choose to focus their studies on neonatal care, which deals with the care and development of new-borns. Courses may differ depending on the student’s concentration, but common topics can include
- Child and Family Development
- Paediatric Oncology
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Healthcare Principles and Practises
In order to get into a Master’s program in paediatrics, students must usually first complete a relevant Bachelor’s degree in an area of pre-medicine. Some courses for graduate studies in paediatrics may be available online. However, many universities require medical students to complete clinical practise at the university or at an approved hospital site. This may mean that students must complete at least part of the program on or near a university campus.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Master’s in Paediatrics?
There are many advantages to choosing to study paediatrics. It is a useful way to learn about conditions, illnesses, and development of your own children. Benefits may include
- Being able to work with children in a variety of healthcare settings.
- More job opportunities with a Master’s degree.
- Chance to earn more money over the course of a career.
- Learn directly from experts in a university setting.
- Access the latest developments and technology at the university.
- Internship, clinical, and residency training at university-affiliated hospitals.
- Job placement assistance available at some universities.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Master’s in Paediatrics?
There are a number of careers available for those who wish to work directly with children. Paediatrics generally refers to the medical field. With a Master’s degree, graduates may be able to find work as a paediatric nurse or assistant in a paediatric office. In order to become a paediatrician, students need to first complete a doctorate and then achieve the appropriate professional licencing. This is also a requirement for neonatologists, psychiatrists, and psychologists in the paediatric field.
If you want to help children lead full and happy lives, then Master degree programs in paediatrics are a good choice. Search for your ideal university today.
Dublin 2, Ireland
- 115SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,406Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
The Trinity College Dublin (TCD) is located in Dublin, Ireland. Situated in the multicultural European Capital, TCD offers undergraduate courses in a wide range of disciplines that come under the faculties of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering, Mathematics and Science; and Health Sciences. ...
London, United Kingdom
- 560SchoolApply Rank
- USD 17,658Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
London South Bank University (LSBU) is a cosmopolitan university with 2 campuses located in the center of London. The University offers graduate programs through its seven academic schools of Applied Sciences, Built Environment and Architecture, Business, Engineering, Law and Social Sciences, Health and Social Care, and Arts and Creative Industries....
Wilkes-Barre, United States
- 626SchoolApply Rank
- USD 10,560Average Tuition
- 72%Acceptance Rate
King's College is a Catholic, liberal arts college located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. The college offers bachelor's and master's degree programs through the Arts and Sciences College and the William G. McGowan School of Business....