Find Masters in Gynaecology and ObstetricsCreate Account
Master Degree Programs in Gynaecology and Obstetrics
A Master’s degree rests between a Bachelor’s and a Doctorate degree on the educational scale. The graduate level degree signifies the students completed one to two years of focused study in a given academic program. For most Master’s programs, students must complete a Bachelor’s degree in a compatible subject beforehand.
What Is a Master’s Program in Gynaecology and Obstetrics?
The Master’s in Gynaecology and Obstetrics is a bit different than other Master’s programs. It frequently is part of a Doctorate program or extended internship. In these cases, students are participating in a dual program. If this isn’t the case, students are usually seeking to use the Master’s to specialize their existing medical degree.
- General Gynaecology: Students will gain a firm grasp of the broad field of gynaecology. They may touch upon special subject, but further specialised knowledge is likely offered through elective courses.
- Foetal Medicine: Students grapple with the demands of treating foetuses safely and effectively. Coursework shows students dosage guides and will study how disease affects foetuses differently.
- Maternal Medicine: Coursework highlights the unique demands of treating mothers. Students learn how pregnancy affects medical dosage and treatment plans.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Master’s in Gynaecology and Obstetrics?
Overall, students gain a deep knowledge of Gynaecology and Obstetrics that allows them to understand the human body on a new level. Beyond that, they enter the job market with these benefits:
- Expand Job Pool: Graduates qualify for a greater range of medical positions with their new specialized knowledge in the field of Gynaecology and Obstetrics.
- Learning Support System: While tackling difficult medical topics, students have the support of professors, other students and mentors.
- Prepare for Doctorate Programs: Students have advanced medical knowledge that prepares them for further specialisation in the Gynaecology and Obstetrics field.
- Specialized Knowledge: Students can now work beyond the general medical practice thanks to their classroom study and field experience.
- Build Professional Network: When looking for jobs, students can call on professors, classmates and mentors to help them make connections.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Master’s in Gynaecology and Obstetrics?
After completing this degree, students have several choices ahead of them. Since many Master’s degrees in this subject are part of a larger program, students often must stay complete the remainder of their studies. For some, this will mean the completion of a doctorate while others finish internship/specialization training. Any students wishing to delve deeper into the Gynaecology and Obstetrics fields will likely move on to specialisation programs that highlight a niche within the field.
Otherwise, graduates may enter the medical field in these roles:
- Research: Graduates can perform research at academic institutions or medical centres and work towards finding new treatments.
- Education: Graduates can move into teach positions at universities and secondary schools.
- Medical Practice: The majority of graduates will likely practice medicine in hospitals, private practices and clinics.
If you are looking to specialise your medical, Master degree programs in Gynaecology and obstetrics is exactly what you need to get started. Look for programs that give you the medical training you need and support your interests.
Dublin 2, Ireland
- 114SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,226Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
The Trinity College Dublin (TCD) is located in Dublin, Ireland. Situated in the multicultural European Capital, TCD offers undergraduate courses in a wide range of disciplines that come under the faculties of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering, Mathematics and Science; and Health Sciences. ...
Chester, United Kingdom
- 119SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,983Average Tuition
- 65%Acceptance Rate
The University of Chester is one of the oldest universities in the UK. Founded in 1839, it is a public university situated in Chester, England. The University has dedicated faculties, through which it delivers master’s degree programs to local and international students. ...
Dundee, United Kingdom
- 178SchoolApply Rank
- USD 21,910Average Tuition
- 80%Acceptance Rate
The University of Dundee (DU) is a public research university located in the city of Dundee, Scotland. The University has dedicated faculties through which it delivers master's degree programs to both local and international students ...
Bangor, United Kingdom
- 306SchoolApply Rank
- USD 19,845Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Bangor University (Bangor) is located in Bangor, in coastal Wales, United Kingdom. Bangor offers over a 100 master’s degree courses through its 3 academic colleges, namely: the College of Arts, Humanities and Business; the College of Environmental Sciences and Engineering; and the College of Human Sciences....
Hamilton, United Kingdom
- 383SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,783Average Tuition
- 23%Acceptance Rate
The University of the West of Scotland (UWS) has 4 campuses across West Scotland, and a campus in London, United Kingdom. UWS offers over 60 master’s degree programs through its 5 academic schools, namely: School of Health and Life Sciences; School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences; School of Business and Enterprise; School of Media, Culture and Society; and the School of Education....
London, United Kingdom
- 427SchoolApply Rank
- USD 12,500Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Middlesex University is located in London, UK. The courses offered at a Bachelor\u2019s level are in areas that include Art and Design, Business, Education, Social Sciences, Film, Media and English, Computer Science, Engineering and Maths. One of the focuses in the area of Art and Design is Animation, with many facilities that include a recording studio and communication arts studios.Middlesex University is located in London, UK. The courses offered at a Bachelor’s level are in areas that include Art and Design, Business, Education, Social Sciences, Film, Media and English, Computer Science, Engineering and Maths. One of the focuses in the area of Art and Design is Animation, with many facilities that include a recording studio and communication arts studios....
Wilkes-Barre, United States
- 623SchoolApply Rank
- USD 10,560Average Tuition
- 72%Acceptance Rate
King's College is a Catholic, liberal arts college located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. The college offers bachelor's and master's degree programs through the Arts and Sciences College and the William G. McGowan School of Business....