Find Master’s in DermatologyCreate Account
Master’s in Dermatology
A Master’s in Dermatology allows students the opportunity to delve into the study of medicine and treatment related to the skin. The degree is earned at the graduate level, and as such, typically involves a rigorous course of study that may include practicum and other experiential opportunities. The coursework may serve as a terminal degree, or it may fulfill prerequisites for further study in medical school. There are schools throughout the world where students may pursue this degree, so if you care about healthy skin, consider this program.
What is a Master’s in Dermatology?
A Master’s in Dermatology is a graduate-level degree that covers advanced subject matter in the field. Areas that may be covered include skin health, common skin conditions and medical treatment of skin conditions. Rather than encompassing a general medical perspective, students can expect a curriculum focused on advanced practice of dermatology. Some of the courses that you may encounter in the program include these:
- Diagnostic Dermatopathology
- Function and Structure of Skin
- Dermatologic Surgery
- Common Skin Conditions
- Alternative Dermatological Treatment
These courses delve deeper into the specifics of dermatology to hone students’ specialization and ready them for work in the field. Coursework in further focused tracks such as cosmetic medicine or disease intervention may be available.
What Are the Benefits of Earning a Master’s in Dermatology?
A Master’s in Dermatology affords students a range of benefits in professional and academic opportunities. Students who go on to practice dermatological medicine can have a great impact on patients and truly make a difference in their lives. The degree can pave the way for such a future by providing benefits such as these:
- A Master’s degree can provide you with the knowledge necessary to enter a specialized field and command a higher salary.
- Practicum and internships can offer hands-on experience in the field of dermatology.
- If earned before attending medical school, it can provide great preparation. If earned after, it can hone your existing knowledge.
- You may have the opportunity to write a thesis and submit it to medical and dermatological journals.
There are plenty of other benefits graduates of this program can enjoy as they pursue dermatology. Your unique trajectory will reveal the degree’s advantages in your career.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Master’s in Dermatology?
A Master’s in Dermatology effectively prepares students for careers as dermatological medical doctors. This is typically the expected career route, though there are other opportunities that may interest graduates, too. The knowledge and skills developed in the program may make you a good candidate for jobs such as clinical researcher, pharmaceutical developer or medical professor.
Students who do pursue work in dermatological medicine will typically apply their skills through tasks such as these:
- See patients with concerns involving the health of their skin.
- Diagnose and develop a plan of treatment for patients with skin conditions.
- Offer advice regarding preventative care and avoidance of skin diseases to patients.
- Develop best practices for treatment of dermatological issues.
No matter how you plan to use your Master’s in Dermatology, you can make a big difference with it and find a promising career. Research schools that offer the program to find the one that’s right for you.
Hatfield, United Kingdom
- 517SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,598Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
The University of Hertfordshire (UH) is located in the town of Hatfield, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom. UH offers over 100 master’s degree programs through its 11 academic schools, including: The School of Education; School of Engineering and Technology; School of Physics Astronomy and Mathematics; and the School of Humanities....
Wilkes-Barre, United States
- 676SchoolApply Rank
- USD 10,560Average Tuition
- 72%Acceptance Rate
King's College is a Catholic, liberal arts college located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. The college offers bachelor's and master's degree programs through the Arts and Sciences College and the William G. McGowan School of Business....