Find Master’s in Criminal Justice in Canada
Master’s in Criminal Justice in Canada – A Postgraduate Academic Master’s Degree
Students who pursue a Master’s in Criminal Justice in Canada have the unique opportunity to gain higher learning in a country that is considered one of the most educated societies in the world. The government puts a great deal of research and emphasise on making sure that all education systems are up to par, and it shows. Though each province does have its own education system, they are all held to high standards. Therefore, students who gain their degree from any of these provinces will receive a quality education that is respected and acknowledged around the globe.
When students are not focused on their exceptional academic pursuits, they can enjoy the unique culture of the various provinces. Each area has its own distinctive factors which individuals can enjoy exploring. Not only are the areas unique, but so are the people. Individuals of various nationalities settle in the country, and bring their culture, food, and traditions with them. Students can learn about these various aspects first hand all in one place.
What is a Master’s in Criminal Justice
A Master’s in Criminal Justice provides a focused look at the criminal justice system. Students can expect to study all of the aspects of the industry, including:
- Juvenile Justice
- Law Enforcement
- Social Control
- And more
All of these studies help individuals to gain a solid understanding of how the system should run and how each part contributes. Students are also exposed to behavioral studies, research methods, current policies, criminal behavior analyses, and more, which can be very helpful in addressing issues that may arise within the system. Within the realm of criminal justice studies there are different concentrations that individuals may choose. Some of the most common choices are:
- Leadership and Executive Management
- Global Issues in Criminal Justice
Each concentration helps to steer the individual’s education path towards a desired career, though there are several positions that can be obtained with any one of the available focuses.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Master’s in Criminal Justice?
Obtaining a Master’s in Criminal Justice has a few notable benefits. The breadth and depth of the study of criminal justice concepts provide individuals with a broad knowledge that can be applied in various positions. This can help to solidify an individual’s job security and ensure longevity in the workforce. Even if an individual chooses to transition out of the field entirely, many of the management and problem solving skills are transferable, which can help create a smooth transition. There are also a few benefits that apply to virtually anyone who obtains a Master’s degree.
- Higher pay: Statistically, individuals with a graduate degree do command a higher pay rate than those without a degree or with only an undergraduate degree. Even in fields where the pay is generally close between different degree holders, those with higher degrees have access to certain job pools that require a higher education level, which can lead to higher pay.
- Job satisfaction: It has been found that individuals who are able to utilise the majority of their skill set at work are more satisfied with their positions. Having a Master’s can help individuals secure those higher positions within companies that usually offer a greater challenge and utilise a great deal of the individuals’ skills.
- Enhanced classroom experience: Seeing as less individuals pursue a Master’s degree when compared to a Bachelor’s degree, students can expect the class sizes to be smaller. This allows for students to receive more focused attention from their professors, which can help them in their academic pursuits.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Master’s in Criminal Justice?
A Master’s in Criminal Justice opens the door for a number of different career opportunities. Some of the most common positions that individuals pursue include:
- Law Enforcement Officer
- Criminal Profiler
- Federal Probation Officer
- Director of Court Services
- FBI or DEA Agent
- US Marshall
- And more
Those who enjoy working behind the scenes may consider working as criminal justice administrators or instructors. There are opportunities for individuals who enjoy education to teach and train in various facilities. Those with entrepreneurial aspirations may also provide freelance security or consulting services. There are a plethora of options for those with this diverse degree.
As you think about different education options, consider pursuing a Master’s in Criminal Justice in Canada. With so many academic and cultural applications, you are sure to enjoy the entire experience.