Find Masters in Industrial EngineeringCreate Account
Master Degree Programs in Industrial Engineering
A Master’s program takes fulltime students between one to two years to complete on average. Some subjects warrant three years of study due to difficult subject matter, research projects or field rotations. Especially for science and math related degrees, students must complete an undergraduate degree in a subject compatible with their Master’s focus.
What Is a Master’s Program in Industrial Engineering?
A Master’s program in Industrial Engineering highlights the principles involved in the design, production and improvement of goods and services. Students learn how common products are created and gain insight into the project management aspects of production. Students have the chance to specialise in industrial design, innovation and similar topics. Common coursework might include:
- 3D Development: Students learn how to design a product with full details and realistic measurements. Students will study real world products and have the chance to design their own products.
- Materials and Methods: Students gain an appreciation for professional production and project management materials. They learn the most effective way to use these materials in the production process.
- System Design: This course will cover how to build production systems that can cope with the demands of a manufacturing line. Students can study existing systems and design systems from scratch.
- Studio: Here students hone their design skills (if they choose a design based specialisation). Students have the chance to combine the best of art and science in this course.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Master’s in Industrial Engineering?
After completing their Master’s degree, students typically see an increase in their expected starting and career salaries as employers are willing to pay a premium for educated workers. When searching for jobs, students can tap their network of professors, tutors, mentors and peers. This helps students expand their job opportunities thanks to a great combination of professional networks and increased skill levels. Additionally, students are prepared to study at the Doctorate level after one to two years of graduate study.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Master’s in Industrial Engineering?
After completing a Master’s in Industrial Engineering, students have many options available to them in the engineering job market. They also have the chance to pursue another advanced degree. However, many students successfully find entry-level employment as:
- Management Engineer: These engineers aim to implement procedures and systems that will help staff become more effective as a team and individually.
- Ergonomist: These professionals attempt to maximize proper tool usage to reduce the occurrence of injury and stress.
- Operations Analyst: These professionals attempt to seamlessly integrate the joint use of personnel and machines. They must ensure safety for the worker as well as maximum productivity.
- Quality Engineer: As the name suggests, a quality engineer ensures that the product and manufacturing line meet the needs of the client or company. They design testing and performance measurement procedures.
Don’t hesitate to get started looking for Master degree programs in Industrial Engineering that matches your interests and career goals. Get started in a new industry and ensure your professional skills are competitive with the next step in your education.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
- 115SchoolApply Rank
- USD 23,058Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
University of Liverpool, established in 1881, is a multicultural, research-intensive University located in the city of Liverpool in England, UK. The University offers a number of master's degree programs from its various departments and schools including Arts, Dentistry, Communication & Media and Law....
Tempe, United States
- 130SchoolApply Rank
- USD 40,463Average Tuition
- 84%Acceptance Rate
The Arizona State University is the largest public university by enrollment in the U.S. ASU comprises 16 colleges and schools that offer more personalized experiences for students, while offering opportunities to collaborate across disciplines and campuses....
Belfast, United Kingdom
- 164SchoolApply Rank
- USD 17,112Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Queen's University Belfast (Queen's) is a public institution located along the University Road in Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK. Queen's offers a wide range of master's degree programs across its three academic faculties namely: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering and Physical Sciences; and Medicine, Health and Life Sciences....
Chicago, United States
- 170SchoolApply Rank
- USD 42,430Average Tuition
- 74%Acceptance Rate
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is a public research university in Chicago, Illinois, United States and has 15 academic schools through which it offers interesting master’s degree programs in a wide range of subject areas....
Boston, United States
- 195SchoolApply Rank
- USD 62,800Average Tuition
- 32%Acceptance Rate
Northeastern University located in Boston, Massachusetts, offers 150 undergraduate majors of study and 125 graduate areas of study through its nine colleges and schools of Arts, Media & Design; Business, Computer & Information Science; Engineering; Health Sciences; Law; Professional Studies; Science; and Social Sciences & Humanities; as well as select advanced degrees at graduate campuses in Charlotte, North Carolina, Seattle, Silicon Valley, and Toronto....
Tallahassee, United States
- 210SchoolApply Rank
- USD 20,043Average Tuition
- 55%Acceptance Rate
Florida State University, established in 1851, is a research-intensive University located on the oldest continuous site of higher education in the state of Florida in its capital city of Tallahassee, USA. The University offers a number of master's degree programs from its various Colleges including Fine Arts, Business, Engineering and Arts & Sciences....
Pullman, United States
- 242SchoolApply Rank
- USD 25,000Average Tuition
- 72%Acceptance Rate
Washington State University (WSU) is a public research institution with its main campus in Pullman, Washington, USA. WSU is comprised of several other campuses in the country and offers a wide variety of master's degree programs. ...
Tampa, United States
- 245SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,900Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
The University of South Florida (USF) is a public research institution located in the city of Tampa, Florida, United States. The university has three campuses through which it delivers master’s degree courses in the fields of health professions and related programs, business, management, marketing, and related support services, biological and biomedical sciences, social sciences, psychology, architecture, liberal arts, education and visual and performing arts....
Fresno, United States
- 346SchoolApply Rank
- USD 33,563Average Tuition
- 59%Acceptance Rate
California State University Fresno (CSU) is situated within two hours of the national parks of: Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia, in Fresno, California. The University offers undergraduate and graduate degrees through these schools and colleges: College of Arts and Humanities, College of Health and Human Services, College of Science and Mathematics, College of Social Sciences, Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology, Lyles College of Engineering, Craig School of Business and Kreman School of Education and Human Development....
- 361SchoolApply Rank
- USD 14,000Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Koç University is a not-for-profit private liberal arts university located in the capital city of Istanbul, Turkey. Koç University offers 22 bachelor's and 32 master's programmes through its 11 academic colleges and graduate schools. Koç University's academic departments have earned accreditation from organisations such as EQUIS (The European Quality Improvement System), AMBA (Association of MBAs), MUDEK (ABET equivalent accreditation in Turkey) and ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center)....