Find Masters in Science EducationCreate Account
Master Degree Programs in Science Education
Master’s programs are for students with undergraduate credentials who seek advanced skills and knowledge in their field. The programs give students a chance to develop their professional knowledge and specialize their more general undergraduate degree. For full time students, a typical program takes between one and two years to complete.
What Is a Master’s Program in Science Education?
A Master’s program in Science Education focuses on the unique demands of relating challenging scientific concepts to students. The program highlights the educational theories behind current educational practices and students have the chance to analyse the current educational system. Common courses for this program can include:
- Science Teaching Concepts: In these classes, students examine in-depth the methods used to teach science at all levels. They begin to understand how to properly breakdown ideas and relate difficult concepts.
- Educational Theory: Students gain a foundation in past educational theories while learning about current applications. They may examine current ethical issues or educational dilemmas prevalent in the present-day education system.
- Educational Policy: The coursework highlights the local and national policies regulating the structure and information delivered in the educational system. Students learn how these policies are made and current movements for and against change.
- Research Methods for Science Education: Through their own research projects and study of real world examples, students learn how to construct and relate professional information.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Master’s in Science Education?
With a Master’s degree in Science Education, educators are prepared to enter the job market at a higher salary level. They have the opportunity to gain more classroom experience, making them more effective in educator and educational policy positions. Additionally, if graduates want to pursue more advanced education, they are prepared with the right credentials and experience to succeed.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Master’s in Science Education?
After completing their Master’s in Science Education, graduates have more opportunities in the science education field. Alternatively, they can pursue a Doctorate degree in the same or a similar field. For those seeking employment, graduates can find entry-level employment in positions like the following:
- Post Secondary School Educator: Some universities and colleges are happy to accept educators with Master’s degrees. In this capacity, graduates will teach science at the undergraduate level.
- Secondary Teacher: These professionals will guide secondary students in their science education. Graduates may find employment at private or prestigious secondary educational facilities.
- Education Administrator: In an educational institution, educational administrators ensure smooth daily operation. They plan activities and maintain the educational support systems put in place for students, faculty and staff.
- Community Education Officer: These professionals work to ensure community members have easy access to qualities educational programs and resources. They plan and promote local classes and trainings within their designated region or community area.
Are you prepared to become a better science educator? It all starts with Master degree programs in Science Education and finding the perfect fit for you. Make sure your potential programs have curricula that prepare you for your career goals and cater to your niche interests.
Chicago, United States
- 170SchoolApply Rank
- USD 42,430Average Tuition
- 74%Acceptance Rate
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is a public research university in Chicago, Illinois, United States and has 15 academic schools through which it offers interesting master’s degree programs in a wide range of subject areas....
Chicago, United States
- 201SchoolApply Rank
- USD 52,402Average Tuition
- 70%Acceptance Rate
DePaul University is a private Catholic University located in Chicago, Illinois, US. DePaul University offers master's degre programmes in fields including Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Social Sciences and more. DePaul University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission to grant master's degree programmes. ...
Pittsburgh, United States
- 209SchoolApply Rank
- USD 25,000Average Tuition
- 73%Acceptance Rate
Duquesne University is one of the largest and most comprehensive private Catholic universities located in the urban area of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. Duquesne offers a wide variety of master's degree programs....
Birmingham, United States
- 224SchoolApply Rank
- USD 34,549Average Tuition
- 86%Acceptance Rate
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) is a public research university in Birmingham, Alabama, United States. Through its twelve faculties, the university delivers master’s degree programs in the fields of accounting, anatomical science, anthropology of peace and human rights, art history, biology, biomedical and health sciences, biostatistics, business administration, civil engineering, clinical laboratory sciences, clinical pathologist assistant, clinical/medical social work, engineering, mechanical engineering, nuclear medicine technology, nurse anesthesia and many more. ...
Tampa, United States
- 245SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,900Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
The University of South Florida (USF) is a public research institution located in the city of Tampa, Florida, United States. The university has three campuses through which it delivers master’s degree courses in the fields of health professions and related programs, business, management, marketing, and related support services, biological and biomedical sciences, social sciences, psychology, architecture, liberal arts, education and visual and performing arts....
Garden City, United States
- 256SchoolApply Rank
- USD 34,034Average Tuition
- 72.4%Acceptance Rate
Adelphi University is a private, coeducational institution of higher learning located in Garden City, New York, United States and has a dedicated faculty through which it offers a wide range of master's degree programs. ...
Bellingham, United States
- 311SchoolApply Rank
- USD 35,588Average Tuition
- 85%Acceptance Rate
Western Washington University (WWU) is a public institution located in Bellingham, Washington. WWU offers a wide range of master's degree programs in Arts, Fine Arts, Music, Professional Accounting, Science, Education, Business Administration, and Teaching....
Orlando, United States
- 374SchoolApply Rank
- USD 21,500Average Tuition
- 50%Acceptance Rate
University of Central Florida (UCF) is a comprehensive research university located in metropolitan Orlando, Florida, USA and offers about 87 Master's degree programs....
New York, United States
- 406SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,742Average Tuition
- 34.7%Acceptance Rate
The City College of New York is a multicultural, research-intensive College under the City University of New York (CUNY), with a campus in the heart of New York, USA. The institute offers a wide range of master's degree programs through its various Colleges and schools such as Liberal Arts & Science, Engineering, Education and Architecture....
- N/ASchoolApply Rank
- USD 53,120Average Tuition
- 74%Acceptance Rate
Manhattanville College, founded in 1841, is a diverse Liberate Arts College located just a few miles from New York City in the US. The College offers a wide range of master's degree programs through its schools such as the schools of Business, Education and Arts & Sciences....