Find Bachelor in Journalism
Bachelor Degree Programmes in Journalism
A Bachelor in Journalism prepares individuals with a variety of careers within the realm of journalism. This degree has multiple layers that allows students to delve deep into the content and develop a strong foundational knowledge of important journalistic concepts and practices. By completing this degree programme individuals are prepared to pursue careers on a world scale.
What is a Bachelor in Journalism?
A Bachelor in Journalism helps students develop strong communication, editing and writing, research, computer and technology skills. Students also gain a strong foundation in key journalistic principles, such as:
- Ethics and laws of journalism
- Proper citation
- Public versus private figure status
- Working with informants
- Proper article composition
- And more
Along with the various aspects of journalism, students study a variety of other subjects, including:
- History of media
- Broadcast news
- Web design
What Are the Benefits of Earning a Bachelor in Journalism?
There are many different benefits to getting a Bachelor in Journalism. Graduates gain a skill-set that spans beyond the media; individuals gain skills and knowledge that can be applied in a variety of different positions. This helps to enhance individuals’ ability to gain and sustain employment. For instance, the media and research skills gained through this study can be applied in a marketing or PR position.
Along with these programme-focused benefits, there are certain general advantages to securing a Bachelor’s.
- Additional attention. Some students benefit from receiving more attention from their professors. It allows them the opportunity to ask more questions and for the professor to have more time to troubleshoot any issues the students may have. When pursuing a Bachelor’s students have the opportunity to seek such attention from their professors.
- Achievement. Obtaining a Bachelor’s can be very challenging. Graduates must display determination, commitment, perseverance and much more in order to receive a degree. Therefore, those who do accomplish this feat tend to develop a strong sense of achievement, which can be beneficial in their pursuits of goals in the future.
- Job satisfaction. Individuals who obtain higher education statistically show signs of greater job satisfaction than those with a high school level education. The combination of higher pay and greater use of their skill set can contribute to their satisfaction level.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Bachelor in Journalism?
With Bachelor in Journalism students can pursue a few different career paths. Some of the most common positions that graduates seek include:
- Television, Film or Video Producer
- And more
Those who have previous experience may be able to utilize their degree to advance within their current company or transition into a media related position. With a Bachelor’s degree and previous experience, it is quite possible for individuals to secure management or team leader roles. For those with skill sets in other industries, this degree can help to spur their careers forward. Some of the main positions that can benefit from a Bachelor in Journalism are:
- Market Researcher
- Editorial Assistant
- Advertising Account Executive
- Information Officer
- Event Organiser
Not only are there a variety of jobs, but they are available in several different industries and practically every sector. Along with television, marketing and media companies, individuals can look to secure positions with governmental and non-profit organizations.
There are clear benefits to obtaining this degree. Take some time to research your options to fully determine if it could be the right academic path for you.