Find Bachelor in Software EngineeringCreate Account
Bachelor Degree Programs in Software Engineering
A Bachelor’s degree is awarded around the globe to students who’ve completed a bachelor’s program in a specified academic discipline. The degree serves as a launching point either into the professional world or an advanced academic program.
What Is a Bachelor’s Program in Software Engineering?
A Bachelor’s program in software engineering typically takes a full time students between three and four years of study depending on the university. The program prepares students to go into the software development realm of the professional world. Normal coursework will include subjects like:
- Advanced Mathematics: Students start with linear algebra and Calculus 1 and will eventually move on to differential equations and advanced mathematical logic. Statistics, probability and discrete math will be taken towards the end of the program.
- Physics: Electromagnetism, mechanics and thermodynamics might all be in the curriculum for software engineers. The study of physics won’t be as in depth as the study of mathematical topics.
- Algorithms: Because algorithms are the backbone of software, students will spend a majority of their time working with algorithm-based subjects. Digital logic and algorithm principles will be studied in depth.
- Databases: Students understand how technology interacts with databases to access important information and store data.
- Operating Systems: Students learn the difference between OSX, Windows, Unix and other important operating systems. They’ll build programs and applications for each or all depending on the course.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Bachelor’s in Software Engineering?
In addition to the qualification of bachelor’s degree, students enjoy these benfits:
- Professional Skill Sets: Students learn how to program, plan program implementation, design scalable systems and trouble shoot. These skills help them succeed in entry-level positions and beyond.
- Expand Job Pool: A software engineering degree is useful in a variety of positions and environments, giving students a broad job pool.
- Build Professional Network: These days it’s hard to get hired without experience, but universities are often well connected with internship opportunities.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Bachelor’s in Software Engineering?
Bachelor degree programs in Software Engineering prepare graduates with a mid-level position in the software development sector. You can enter into business, gaming, communications, healthcare and more with your knowledge of software systems. Common titles after graduation are:
- Software Engineer: These professionals might write code, design user interfaces, automate scripts and create applications. They are prepared to jump into the project at any point.
- Software Architect: The architects lay the groundwork and plan the implantation of programming requirements or principles. They handle the big picture and may do programming when needed.
- Embedded Software Engineer: These engineers can writer the programs found in airplanes, vending machines, coffee machines and medical imaging equipment. Corporate companies are some top employers for these professionals.
- Cyber Security Manager: These professionals are directly responsible for the security of a system or application. They write programs to protect important or sensitive information from leaking or being hacked.
Does the software engineer career sound like a great match for your interests and talents? Start looking for Bachelor degree programs in Software Engineering to find the perfect match for you!
Southampton, United Kingdom
- 89SchoolApply Rank
- USD 24,422Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
University of Southampton (Southampton) is a public institution located along the University Road in Southampton, United Kingdom. Southampton offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs across its five academic faculties namely: Arts and Humanities; Engineering and Physical Sciences; Environmental and Life Sciences; Medicine; and Social Sciences....
Birmingham, United Kingdom
- 91SchoolApply Rank
- USD 17,815Average Tuition
- 70%Acceptance Rate
The University of Birmingham is located in the heart of England with campuses in the Edgbaston and Selly Oak areas of the city of Birmingham. Birmingham University offers over 350 different courses in its undergraduate program; 400 postgraduate taught courses; 140 research courses and 450 PhD opportunities....
Irvine, United States
- 98SchoolApply Rank
- USD 24,708Average Tuition
- 37.4%Acceptance Rate
The University of California - Irvine is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities with a campus in Irvine; a suburban area in California, U.S.A. Through its faculties, the university offers over 80 bachelor's degree programs....
Tempe, United States
- 162SchoolApply Rank
- USD 40,463Average Tuition
- 84%Acceptance Rate
The Arizona State University is the largest public university by enrollment in the U.S. ASU comprises 16 colleges and schools that offer more personalized experiences for students, while offering opportunities to collaborate across disciplines and campuses....
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
- 184SchoolApply Rank
- USD 13,496Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Buckinghamshire New University (Bucks) has campuses located in the towns of High Wycombe, Uxbridge, Aylesbury Vale, and Missenden Abbey, United Kingdom. Bucks offers a wide range of bachelor’s degree programs through its 4 academic schools, namely: School of Arts and Creative Industries; School of Management and Professional Studies; School of Health and Social Sciences; and the School of Pre-Qualifying Nursing and Vocational Health Care....
Belfast, United Kingdom
- 198SchoolApply Rank
- USD 21,851Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Queen's University Belfast (Queen's) is a public institution located along the University Road in Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK. Queen's offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs across its three academic faculties namely: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering and Physical Sciences; and Medicine, Health and Life Sciences....
Nashville, United States
- 242SchoolApply Rank
- USD 28,556Average Tuition
- 61%Acceptance Rate
Lipscomb University is a private Christian University located in the Green Hills area of Nashville in Tennessee, USA. The University offers a number of bachelor's degree programs in the disciplines of Music, Education, Liberal Arts, Business, Health Sciences and Engineering....
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- 276SchoolApply Rank
- USD 20,566Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Heriot-Watt University (Heriot-Watt) is a public institution with campuses in Edinburgh, Scottish Borders and Orkney, UK. Heriot-Watt offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs across its five academic schools including: Social Sciences, Textiles and Design, and Engineering and Physical Sciences....
Stirling, United Kingdom
- 283SchoolApply Rank
- USD 14,852Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
The University of Stirling (Stirling) has 3 campuses located in Scotland, United Kingdom. Stirling offers over 60 bachelor’s degree programs through 5 academic faculties, namely: Faculty of Arts and Humanities; Faculty of Health Sciences and Sport; Faculty of Natural Sciences; Faculty of Social Sciences; and the Stirling Management School....
Pullman, United States
- 284SchoolApply Rank
- USD 41,425Average Tuition
- 82%Acceptance Rate
Washington State University (WSU) is a public research university with its main campus in the rural town of Pullman, Washington, USA. WSU also has regional vanguards in a number of cities which are; Vancouver, Tri-cities, Spokane, Everett and its global online campus. WSU offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs....