Find Bachelor in Engineering PhysicsCreate Account
Bachelor Degree Programs in Engineering Physics
A Bachelor’s degree is awarded to undergraduate students after completing their academic program. Full time students typically take three to four years to complete their degrees and apply for admission following graduation from secondary school. Bachelor’s programs are designed to give students a solid professional foundation before entering the workforce.
What Is a Bachelor’s Program in Engineering Physics?
A Bachelor’s program in Engineering Physics combines the disciplines of physics and engineering in one degree. As such, students are expected to complete advanced physics, mathematics and other science courses as part of base requirements. After students have mastered the fundamentals in these subjects, they’ll move on to advanced concepts like:
- Electromagnetism: Students study electrodynamics, plane waves, transmission lines and rectangular waveguides in this course. They’ll learn how and why the principles of electromagnetics work.
- Active Circuit Design: Students move away from liner systems to create diodes and field-effect transistors that properly simulate principles taught in the class. They may also draw from previous classes on linear systems.
- Linear System Fundamentals: Students deal with complex variables, singularities, residues, discrete time and system analysis. They also encounter Fourier series and transforms, impulse response and more.
- Engineering Probability and Statistics: Students discuss the axioms of probability, random variables, densities, characteristic functions, random number generation and sampling.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Bachelor’s in Engineering Physics?
Graduates gain the benefit of a Bachelor’s degree on their resume, which is sure to catch the eye of many employers. What other benefits to graduates enjoy as a result of their program?
- Increased Salary: Many graduates notice a significant increase in their expected starting and career salaries as a result of their degree. This is especially so when compared to the prospects of a secondary school graduate.
- Professional Skill Sets: Students develop to distinct skill sets in engineering and physics. This gives them a great competitive advantage, as these hybrid professionals are relatively rare in the job market.
- Prepare for Advanced Programs: This degree program is excellent preparation for advanced degree programs in engineering, physics or both. Furthermore, the science academic programs typically require a compatible Bachelor’s degree for admission.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Bachelor’s in Engineering Physics?
Some students will choose to move on to advanced engineering or physics programs after completing their Bachelor’s degrees. Other will move into the job market in the engineering physics niche. These professionals are at the forefront of developing new technologies thanks to their knowledge in both physics and engineering.
Most of those with a bachelor’s degree will work in the industrial field, but these are also employment opportunities in the private sector, government agencies and even start-ups. High tech companies and engineering firms are frequently looking to hire these professionals for their next big project or innovation. Careers in lasers, software and computer related technology is vary common for engineering physics graduates.
Are excited about the prospect of find Bachelor degree programs in Engineering Physics that match your interests and career goals? Don’t wait to start looking and find your perfect program today.
McHenry, United States
- 205SchoolApply Rank
- USD 23,440Average Tuition
- 77%Acceptance Rate
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is a public research university in Chicago, Illinois, United States. The university offers a good number of bachelor’s degree programs through its 15 schools....
Normal, United States
- 229SchoolApply Rank
- USD 25,428Average Tuition
- 89%Acceptance Rate
Illinois State University is the first publicly-funded higher education institution in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois. It offers undergraduate majors and graduate degree programs in a wide variety of concentrations including applied science and technology, arts and sciences, business, education, fine arts, and nursing. Illinois State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission....
Lawrence, United States
- 267SchoolApply Rank
- USD 26,302Average Tuition
- 93%Acceptance Rate
The University of Kansas (KU) is a state-sponsored, public research institution located in Kansas, United States. KU is spread across five campuses and through its 14 colleges, the university offers a wide range of bachelor's degree courses....
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- 275SchoolApply Rank
- USD 21,311Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Heriot-Watt University (Heriot-Watt) is a public institution with campuses in Edinburgh, Scottish Borders and Orkney, UK. Heriot-Watt offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs across its five academic schools including: Social Sciences, Textiles and Design, and Engineering and Physical Sciences....
Fort Collins, United States
- 295SchoolApply Rank
- USD 29,884Average Tuition
- 83%Acceptance Rate
Colorado State University (CSU) is a public research university located in Fort Collins, Colorado. Through its eight (8) academic schools, the university offers a wide range of bachelor’s degree program....
Ypsilanti, United States
- 328SchoolApply Rank
- USD 29,775Average Tuition
- 73%Acceptance Rate
Eastern Michigan University (EMU) is a learning and research institute in Ypsilanti, Michigan, USA. Students can choose from over 200 bachelor’s degree programs at EMU....
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
- 333SchoolApply Rank
- USD 19,046Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Aberystwyth University (Aberystwyth) is spread across 3 campuses located in Penglais, Llanbadarn and Gogerddan on the coast of Wales, United Kingdom. Aberystwyth offers over 500 bachelor’s degree programs across its 20 academic departments. These include the department of Business, Computer Science, Education, Law, and Psychology, among others....
Tulsa, United States
- 443SchoolApply Rank
- USD 40,484Average Tuition
- 39%Acceptance Rate
The University of Tulsa (TU) is a leading private research institution located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States. The university offers a wide range of bachelor’s degree program through its academic schools....
- 450SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,062Average Tuition
- 72.3%Acceptance Rate
Located in the heart of Saskatoon, the University of Saskatchewan (uSask) is one of Canada's top public research universities. Founded in 1907, it offers a wide variety of bachelor's degree programs such as Business, Law, Arts, Life Sciences, Engineering and Health....
Stockton, United States
- 455SchoolApply Rank
- USD 47,480Average Tuition
- 65%Acceptance Rate
The University of the Pacific (UOP) is an American Private University with a primary campus in Stockton, California. The university was founded in 185 and has a dedicated faculty through which it offers bachelor’s degree courses ...