Find Bachelor in Engineering ManagementCreate Account
Bachelor Degree Programs in Engineering Management
What is a Bachelor’s degree? It’s an educational certification signifying completion of an undergraduate course in a given academic subject. Students typically pursue these degrees following secondary school with the intention of solidifying professional skill sets. Others wish to use the degree as a launching point into advanced degree programs.
What Is a Bachelor’s Program in Engineering Management?
A typical Bachelor’s degree program in this field will last three to four years and focuses heavily on mathematics and science. It’s common for students to see Calculus 2 and beyond due to their engineering focus. However, students’ coursework will also include equal parts communications and management studies.
It’s common for students to encounter these subjects during their Bachelor’s program:
- Managerial Science: Students get an overview of the management side of businesses and project management. The course will focus on how management fundamentals apply to engineering projects.
- Physics and Chemistry: These sciences are the backbone of engineering, so students will frequently being their studies with building up their proficiency in these subjects.
- Systems Engineering: Students breakdown engineering systems to understand how the components react with each other. They’ll begin designing their own systems in addition to studying existing engineering systems.
- Accounting: Students will learn how to manage the financial aspects of project management like allocating budget resources. They’ll learn accounting procedures and analysis that will be relevant to their engineering projects.
- Materials and Layout: The course will teach students about transporting equipment and planning the layout of a construction site beyond the physical structures blueprints.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Bachelor’s in Engineering Management?
In addition to having a respectable educational credential, students gain these benefits from completing an Engineering Management program:
- Prepare for Graduate Programs: Most graduate programs ask students to complete at least a Bachelor’s degree. For the engineering field, it’s better to have a relevant degree like engineering management.
- Specialized Knowledge: Graduates have a dual skill set that is equal parts business acumen and engineering savvy. This gives them a great competitive advantage in the job market.
- Build Professional Network: Through their university, many students can find connections for internships in addition to regular encounters with classmates and professors.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Bachelor’s in Engineering Management?
Many graduates will enter directly into the workforce with their new degree. Graduates commonly find employment as:
- Engineering Project Manager: This professional combines business skills with engineering knowledge. They have direct authority over all work site elements and are essential to keeping a project’s timeline.
- Construction Management Engineer: These engineers work chiefly in construction and oversee a wide variety of related projects. They deal with the daily demands of materials, equipment and workers.
- Industrial Management Engineer: This professional focuses on the passage of emissions through the production cycle. As needed, they’ll adjust the system for proper industrial emission levels.
Start looking for Bachelor degree programs in Engineering Management that match your ideal career path and specialisation. Don’t hesitate to apply when you find the right match because you deserve to have the career you want.
Dublin 2, Ireland
- 141SchoolApply Rank
- USD 24,620Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
The Trinity College Dublin (TCD) is located in Dublin, Ireland. Situated in the multicultural European Capital, TCD offers undergraduate courses in a wide range of disciplines that come under the faculties of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering, Mathematics and Science; and Health Sciences. ...
Tempe, United States
- 161SchoolApply Rank
- USD 27,618Average Tuition
- 77%Acceptance Rate
The Arizona State University is the largest public university by enrollment in the U.S. ASU comprises 16 colleges and schools that offer more personalized experiences for students, while offering opportunities to collaborate across disciplines and campuses....
McHenry, United States
- 205SchoolApply Rank
- USD 23,440Average Tuition
- 77%Acceptance Rate
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is a public research university in Chicago, Illinois, United States. The university offers a good number of bachelor’s degree programs through its 15 schools....
Nashville, United States
- 242SchoolApply Rank
- USD 29,676Average Tuition
- 60%Acceptance Rate
Lipscomb University is a private Christian University located in the Green Hills area of Nashville in Tennessee, USA. The University offers a number of bachelor's degree programs in the disciplines of Music, Education, Liberal Arts, Business, Health Sciences and Engineering....
Burlington, United States
- 338SchoolApply Rank
- USD 40,176Average Tuition
- 67%Acceptance Rate
The University of Vermont (UVM) is a public research university located in the city of Burlington, Southwest Vermont, United States. UVM offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs. ...
Hamilton, United Kingdom
- 445SchoolApply Rank
- USD 17,381Average Tuition
- 23%Acceptance Rate
The University of the West of Scotland (UWS) has 4 campuses located in West Scotland, and 1 located in London, United Kingdom. UWS’s modern campuses offer over 70 bachelor’s degree programs through its 5 academic schools, namely: School of Business and Enterprise; School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences; School of Health and Life Sciences; School of Media, Culture and Society; and the School of Education....
Stockton, United States
- 455SchoolApply Rank
- USD 47,480Average Tuition
- 65%Acceptance Rate
The University of the Pacific (UOP) is an American Private University with a primary campus in Stockton, California. The university was founded in 185 and has a dedicated faculty through which it offers bachelor’s degree courses ...
Coventry, United Kingdom
- 481SchoolApply Rank
- USD 16,422Average Tuition
- 47%Acceptance Rate
Coventry University (CU) is a British public institution of international repute with two campuses in the urban cities of Coventry and London, United Kingdom. The university delivers a wide range of bachelor's degree courses in arts, engineering, environment and computing, life sciences, business, and law. ...
Belfast, United Kingdom
- 533SchoolApply Rank
- USD 18,221Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Ulster University (Ulster) is a public university with campuses located across Northern Ireland, UK. Ulster offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs through its four academic faculties namely: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Computing, Engineering and the Built Environment; Life and Health Sciences; and the Ulster University Business School (UUBS)....
London, United Kingdom
- 566SchoolApply Rank
- USD 14,917Average Tuition
- 71%Acceptance Rate
University of Greenwich, with campuses in Greenwich, Medway and Avery Hills, in the United Kingdom, offers graduate and undergraduate programs in a wide range of academic fields such as engineering, computing, business, architecture, maritime studies, education, humanities and sciences....