Find Bachelor in Construction ManagementCreate Account
Bachelor Degree Programs in Construction Management
Around the globe, a Bachelors degree is awarded to students who complete an undergraduate course in a specific academic discipline. Bachelor’s programs have two goals for their students. First, they should be prepared to enter the work force as an entry-level professional. Second, they are prepared to pursue placement in a graduate degree program.
What Is a Bachelor’s Program in Construction Management?
A Bachelor’s program in Construction Management prepares students for project oversight positions in the construction management niche. The subject is closely related to engineering subjects, so students can expect the program to be heavy in advanced mathematics and science. Students may spend the first year or so building their academic proficiency in these subjects. However, the later years will focus on:
- Management Concepts: Students develop an understanding of how companies and businesses are organized and what works best in a given project environment. Students understand how to manage both employees and project details.
- Managerial Accounting: Students get an introduction to accounting and begin learning how to make business decisions based on financial documents. Students also learn how to set up accounting documents and analysis.
- Highway Engineering: The course will focus on how students should plan a large highway project. From the equipment to plan implementation, students get a full view of the process.
- Sustainable Engineering: Students learn the impact of various engineering structures and tools. They study environmental pollution, its causes and how to combat it.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Bachelor’s in Construction Management?
After graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in construction management, students have these benefits going into the job market:
- Increased Salary: A Bachelor’s degree of any kind raises a students entry-level earning potential.
- Prepare for Doctorate Programs: Students wishing to move on to advanced engineering or construction management programs will benefit from a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Specialized Knowledge: In their program, students have the time and space to get a deep understanding of the mathematical and scientific principles behind a construction project.
- Build Professional Network: After graduation, students can use their peers, professors, mentors and tutors as first connections in their professional network. This can help them secure jobs quickly following graduation.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Bachelor’s in Construction Management?
Most graduates will move into construction management positions at the entry-level. A construction manager is also known as a general contractor. They oversee the planning, budget, and implementation of various construction projects. As needed, these managers will work with and coordinate subcontractors, consultants and client requests.
Managers frequently work directly with clients to ensure the project meets the required specifications. As the project progresses, the manager keeps the client informed on the project’s timeline. These professionals can be found in commercial, residential and industrial settings depending on the individual specialisations and preferences.
Bachelor degree programs in Construction Management are available at universities around the world, so don’t hesitate to get started finding the perfect match for you. During the vetting process, make sure your potential schools offer specialisations in areas of interest to you.
London, United Kingdom
- 118SchoolApply Rank
- USD 13,538Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
University of West London with campuses in Ealing and Brentford in London, UK offers undergraduate and postgraduate studies through its eight schools: the London School of Film, Media & Design; Claude Littner Business School; School of Computing and Engineering; London College of Hospitality and Tourism; Ealing Law School; London College of Music; College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare; School of Psychology, Social Care and Human Sciences....
Tempe, United States
- 160SchoolApply Rank
- USD 27,618Average Tuition
- 77%Acceptance Rate
The Arizona State University is the largest public university by enrollment in the U.S. ASU comprises 16 colleges and schools that offer more personalized experiences for students, while offering opportunities to collaborate across disciplines and campuses....
Bolton, United Kingdom
- 188SchoolApply Rank
- USD 14,300Average Tuition
- 28%Acceptance Rate
University of Bolton (Bolton) is a public institution located along Deane Road in Bolton, Greater Manchester, UK. Boston offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs across its nine academic faculties including: Bolton School of the Arts, Institute of Management Greater Manchester, National Center for Motorsport Engineering, and School of Creative Technologies....
Wrexham, United Kingdom
- 189SchoolApply Rank
- USD 13,347Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Wrexham Glyndwr University is located in Wrexham, Wales. It offers undergraduate degrees in 14 course areas that include Animal and Plant Biology, Complementary Medicine and Creative Media Technology. The university also offers postgraduate degrees, and research programs for PhD and MPhil. In addition to those undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, the university also has a two year fast track degree, that allows you to earn your degree in two years instead of three....
Ipswich, United Kingdom
- 190SchoolApply Rank
- USD 12,813Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
University of Suffolk is a higher education institution from the country of Suffolk in England that offers a variety of bachelor's and master's degree programs across seven academic departments. University of Suffolk is UK Quality Assured according to the latest review by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA)....
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- 273SchoolApply Rank
- USD 20,338Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Heriot-Watt University (Heriot-Watt) is a public institution with campuses in Edinburgh, Scottish Borders and Orkney, UK. Heriot-Watt offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs across its five academic schools including: Social Sciences, Textiles and Design, and Engineering and Physical Sciences....
Corvallis, United States
- 274SchoolApply Rank
- USD 30,012Average Tuition
- 79%Acceptance Rate
Oregon State University (OSU) is a public research university in Corvallis, Oregon, United States. The university offers a wide range of bachelor’s degree program through its academic schools....
Cambridge, United Kingdom
- 279SchoolApply Rank
- USD 16,652Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Anglia Ruskin University (ARU) is an innovative university with 4 campuses located in London, Cambridge, Chelmsford and Peterborough, United Kingdom. ARU offers over a 100 bachelor’s degree programs across it’s 5 faculties, namely: Arts, Law and Social Sciences; Health, Social Care and Education; Science and Technology; Medical Science; and the Lord Ashcroft International Business School....
Pullman, United States
- 281SchoolApply Rank
- USD 23,956Average Tuition
- 73%Acceptance Rate
Washington State University (WSU) is a public research university with its main campus in the rural town of Pullman, Washington, USA. WSU also has regional vanguards in a number of cities which are; Vancouver, Tri-cities, Spokane, Everett and its global online campus. WSU offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs....