Find Bachelor’s in Real Estate Development
Bachelor’s in Real Estate Development
A Bachelor’s in Real Estate Development is a professional degree program focusing on the acquisition, development and sale or rent of commercial and residential properties. Many universities offer this and similar programs for aspiring realty moguls. The core concepts imparted to students typically entail professional communication, property law, commercial business and tenancy. These areas of knowledge train graduates to be well-rounded professionals in the real estate world.
What is a Bachelor’s in Real Estate Development?
A Bachelor’s in Real Estate Development in a degree program focusing on the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for success in realty. Coursework typically covers concepts that are relevant to and developed by professionals in the real estate field. Some examples of the courses you might take as part of the program include:
- Realty Acquisition
- Tenant and Landlord Law
- Real Estate Accounting
- Property Improvement
- Realty Marketing and Investing
This focused curriculum readies students for the challenging landscape of real estate and the best practices for successful investments.
What Are the Benefits of Earning a Bachelor’s in Real Estate Development?
A Bachelor’s in Real Estate Prepares students to become real estate agents or investors, but the skills developed in the program reach far beyond these applications. Graduates are also given valuable training in subjects such as investments and marketing. Additional benefits to the program include these:
- Develop the knowledge that is included in tests required for real estate agent licensure.
- Learn to connect with clients and provide meaningful assistance in finding a home.
- Learn about both the sale and purchase of properties.
- Understand best practices for developing properties for commercial and residential use.
- Maximize potential returns for both income properties and flip properties.
These skills and abilities make a Bachelor’s in Real Estate Development a benefit to anybody seeking success in realty. Positions in other fields can also benefit from students with these abilities.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Bachelor’s in Real Estate Development?
A Bachelor’s in Real Estate Development may prepare graduates for a range of careers in realty. Many students go on to achieve licensure and work as agents in their local market. Others capitalize on investments and take on fixer-uppers to renovate and sell at a profit. If you plan to become licensed as an agent, some of the job duties you might expect include:
- List properties for sale
- Draw contracts for transactions
- Show homes to prospective buyers
- Partner with sellers to close quickly
These standard duties are ones that are typically covered in a Bachelor’s of Real Estate Development degree program.
Students who err on the investment side of the field might encounter these duties in a real estate investor position:
- Scope potential properties
- Assess initial investment that must be made
- Determine profit margin goals
- Connect with potential renters or buyers
- Develop properties to optimal value
There are plenty of schools in the US, UK and around the world where you can learn these skills and earn a Bachelor’s in Real Estate Development. If you would like to join the realty game with the know-how to succeed, start researching schools today.