Find Bachelor of Business in the USCreate Account
Bachelor of Business in the US
A Bachelor of Business in the US is an undergraduate degree offered through accredited universities. Students learn the foundations of business operations and management. Choosing to study in the US will give students an insider’s look at American business strategies and trends. With highly regarded schools like Wharton Business School and Princeton University, students have plenty of great institutions to choose from.
What Is a Bachelor of Business?
For a typical Bachelor of Business degree, students can expect a four-year course of study. However, some specialized programs extend for five or six years to allow students to earn a Master’s in Business as well. The undergraduate course of study features a range of concentrations and class work including:
- Entrepreneurship: Students learn the basics of how to start a new business from investing to business planning. Students will study the typical trajectory of businesses from their infancy to success.
- Supply Chain Management: Students learn the relationships between every element of the supply chain. They learn the importance of distribution, scheduling and possible hurdles. Some courses may give students a glimpse into international relations and supply chain management.
- Accounting: Financial and managerial accounting are staples in many undergraduate business programs. This prepares students to manage funds and accounts with higher levels of accuracy and fluency.
- Business Statistics: Students learn how to effectively analyse the current state of business. Additionally, they learn how to predict future business trends within their company and the greater market.
- Management: Students begin to understand fundamental principles for effective business management. This includes topics from scheduling to proper working environment.
What Are the Benefits of Completing a Bachelor of Business?
After earning a Bachelor’s in Business, students notice an improvement in their skill sets and professional abilities. The degree gives graduates a competitive advantage in the job market, which can lead to a more productive job search. An undergraduate degree comes with these benefits:
- Professional Network: Especially in the business sector, it is helpful to build a strong professional network. Students can make important contacts through classmates, professors and internships, which may help them find employment later.
- Knowledge Foundation: With foundational knowledge of how a business should run, students are prepared for real world experience. They can draw upon their studies to guide them towards effective decisions.
- Better Prospects: A Bachelor’s degree is highly attractive to employers who wanted capable professionals. The degree indicates a reasonable level of proficiency and an ability to learn.
- Increased Salary: An educated entry-level professional can expect to see an increased salary range for prospective jobs. Many employers are willing to pay a premium for degree holders.
- Learning Support: A university environment provides a support system of mentors and peers to help students learn. In this environment, students can develop their professional skills while learning the tricks of the trade.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Bachelor of Business?
The business field is vast and has many niches, making it a sea of opportunity for recent graduates. Degree holders can choose to pursue a variety of positions like corporate and investment banking. In this position, professionals offer their expertise to clients regarding their investment portfolios. They can also work with debt structuring and equity capital markets. Corporate investment bankers frequently manage:
- Initial Public Offerings
Management consulting is another great specialization for recent graduates. These professionals aid organizations working through a growth and performance dilemmas. Management consultants will troubleshoot to find the cause of the company’s issues and work towards implementing an effective solution. Consultancy incorporates a range of services like:
- Human Resources
- Internet-Based Business
- Advertising and Marketing
- Information and Technology
Graduates can pursue the career of a sales executive, but they may begin as a sales representative or consultant. These individuals are in charge of selling their company’s product or services. They may work directly within the producing company, or for a firm that sells a range of other businesses products. While rewarding, this results driven industry can be demanding.
Whether you want a private or public education, the US has a myriad of options for up-and-coming business students. Start researching your favourite educational institutions today and find the best match for you. In a few years, you will be on your way to a new career.
Irvine, United States
- 96SchoolApply Rank
- USD 43,528Average Tuition
- 37%Acceptance Rate
The University of California - Irvine is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities with a campus in Irvine; a suburban area in California, U.S.A. Through its faculties, the university offers over 80 bachelor's degree programs....
Tempe, United States
- 160SchoolApply Rank
- USD 31,200Average Tuition
- 77%Acceptance Rate
The Arizona State University is the largest public university by enrollment in the U.S. ASU comprises 16 colleges and schools that offer more personalized experiences for students, while offering opportunities to collaborate across disciplines and campuses....
Salt Lake City, United States
- 202SchoolApply Rank
- USD 27,990Average Tuition
- 66%Acceptance Rate
The University of Utah (the U) is a public institution located in Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.A. The U offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs across its 17 academic colleges and schools....
McHenry, United States
- 204SchoolApply Rank
- USD 23,440Average Tuition
- 77%Acceptance Rate
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is a public research university in Chicago, Illinois, United States. The university offers a good number of bachelor’s degree programs through its 15 schools....
Normal, United States
- 236SchoolApply Rank
- USD 25,428Average Tuition
- 89%Acceptance Rate
Illinois State University is the first publicly-funded higher education institution in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois. It offers undergraduate majors and graduate degree programs in a wide variety of concentrations including applied science and technology, arts and sciences, business, education, fine arts, and nursing. Illinois State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission....
Tacoma, United States
- 241SchoolApply Rank
- USD 49,510Average Tuition
- 84%Acceptance Rate
The University of Puget Sound is a private located in the North End of Tacoma, Washington, in the United States. The University offers a variety of bachelor's degree programs....
New York, United States
- 245SchoolApply Rank
- USD 44,714Average Tuition
- 80%Acceptance Rate
Pace University (Pace) is a private institution located in New York, USA. Pace has two campuses across USA, with the main campus in New York city and another campus in Westchester. Pace offers bachelor's degree programs through its five academic colleges namely, College of Health Professions; Dyson College of Arts and Sciences; Lubin School of Business; School of Education; and Seidenberg School of CSIS. ...
Boston, United States
- 246SchoolApply Rank
- USD 38,420Average Tuition
- 83%Acceptance Rate
Suffolk University is a private, non-sectarian, non-profit research university located in Boston, Massachusetts, United States. The university offers bachelor’s degree programs through its academic schools....
Chicago, United States
- 247SchoolApply Rank
- USD 39,369Average Tuition
- 72%Acceptance Rate
DePaul University is a private Catholic institute of higher education located in Chicago, Illinois, United States. DePaul University offers more than 130 majors at the undergraduate degree level in disciplines including Management, Computer Science, Hospitality, Engineering and more. DePaul University is licensed by the Higher Learning Commission(HLC) to award bachelor's degree programmes....
Pittsburgh, United States
- 254SchoolApply Rank
- USD 38,178Average Tuition
- 72%Acceptance Rate
Duquesne University is a private non-profit university situated in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. Through its nine schools, Duquesne offers a wide variety of Bachelor's degree programs....