Find Bachelor Degree in the UAE
In the UAE, a baccalaureate degree, or a bachelor’s degree is a degree conferred to students following the completion of three to six years of study. The amount of time it takes to earn a bachelor’s usually depends on the field of study and the academic institution itself. Bachelor’s degree programmes allow students to choose from a variety of subject areas, and some schools may even allow students to earn two degrees at once. At the end of the academic programme, many students choose to pursue graduate studies or enter the workforce.
What is a Bachelor’s degree in the UAE?
Bachelor’s degrees are the most commonly earned undergraduate degrees in the UAE. During the programme, the vast majority of schools require students to enrol in, and successfully complete a specific number of courses. Most of these courses are related to the field of study that the student chooses, but some schools offer students the opportunity to customise their plan of study. Some of the most popular baccalaureate degree programmes in the UAE include:
- Bachelor’s of Architectural Engineering
- Bachelor’s of Accountancy
- Bachelor’s of Computer Science
- Bachelor’s of Economics
- Bachelor’s of Finance
- Bachelor’s of Business Administration
In addition to the courses above, most colleges and universities in the UAE offer an assortment of courses related to law, health sciences, humanities and social sciences. The business schools in the region, including the one at the national university, are highly revered. Many of their business programmes frequently rank among the best in the world according to many prominent academic sources. UAE bachelor’s programmes enrol students from all over the world.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Bachelor’s degree in the UAE?
There is a multitude of advantages that accompany the earning of a bachelor’s degree in the UAE. Many of these advantages will be greatly influenced by the field of study and the academic programme that the student chooses. Here are some of the most commonly reaped benefits.
- Individuals who possess a bachelor’s degree tend to have an easier time finding a job. Since they possess specialised knowledge, they are usually viewed more favourably by the professional world.
- Bachelor’s programmes provide students with an opportunity to forge professional and academic connections. For many students, these connections will help them secure a job or enter a graduate programme with greater ease.
- Individuals with bachelor’s degrees typically earn higher salaries than those without. The degree of difference largely depends on the student’s field of study and place of employment.
- If a student desires to earn a doctoral or master’s degree, a bachelor’s degree will be required for entry into the graduate programme.
In the modern economy, many employers hesitate to hire individuals who do not have a college education. These employers prefer students who have attended college and earned knowledge that can be utilised in the business world.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Bachelor’s degree in the UAE?
Earning a bachelor’s degree can expose students to a host of professional opportunities. These degree programmes provide students with a comprehensive understanding of a particular subject matter. In addition to academic enrichment, the degree also provides students with organisational and critical thinking skills. Here are some of the most common types of bachelor’s degrees in the UAE.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): This degree provides students with an understanding of the business world and the skills needed to excel. Students who major in courses such as management, finance, marketing and real estate will usually receive this degree.
- Bachelor of Science (BS): BS degrees are earned after completing a set number of courses in the science or engineering fields. Students who major in subjects such as chemistry, physics, biology, mathematics and civil engineering will earn a BS.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA): BA students major in the humanities and social sciences. BA degrees in fields such as psychology, history, economics, philosophy, and art are common.
After earning a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields of study above, students will have a wealth of careers to choose from. Some of the most common career paths for baccalaureate students in the UAE include the following.
- Finance (bankers and private wealth managers)
- Marketing (directors of marketing and communication consultants)
- Human Resources (Executive managers and career scouts)
Bachelor’s degrees can be earned in a variety of fields. Take control of your future and enroll in a bachelor’s programme in the UAE.