Find Bachelor Degree in the US
A bachelor’s is the degree most commonly granted by colleges and universities in the US. These degrees are usually given to students at the end of a three to five-year undergraduate period. A bachelor’s degree can be earned in a variety of studies, and many students choose to pursue graduate studies at the end of a programme. Depending on the academic institution, students are usually required to earn a certain number of credit hours prior to graduation.
What is a Bachelor’s degree in the US?
A bachelor’s degree in the US usually requires students to focus on a specific subject matter. In addition to this subject matter, courses covering the humanities and sciences (core classes) are usually required as well. Some institutions allow students to create their own programme of study depending on personal interests and preferences. Here are some of the most popular baccalaureate programmes in the US.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration
- Bachelor’s in History
- Bachelor’s in English
- Bachelor’s in Psychology
- Bachelor’s in Accounting
- Bachelor’s in Biology
Luckily for students, colleges and universities in the US have some of the most highly rated academic programmes in the world. Some schools offer exceptional science and engineering programmes, while others focus on the arts and humanities. Many schools even offer students the opportunity to double-major and earn two bachelor’s degrees at the time of graduation. After earning a bachelor’s degree, students may choose to pursue a master’s or professional degree, or enter the workforce.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Bachelor Degree in the US?
Students who earn a bachelor’s degree will usually reap a number of benefits. Here are some of the most common benefits of higher education in the US.
- Higher Salaries – At the time of hire, individuals with college degrees will almost always be able to command higher salaries. This is because companies and organisations tend to place a strong value on specialised knowledge.
- More Career Prospects – When looking for employment, students with a degree will usually have an easier time finding work than those without a degree. The majority of careers now require some form of post-secondary education in the US.
- Promotion Opportunities – Students with degrees typically have an easier time getting promoted. Their wider knowledge base makes them valuable employees that cannot be easily replaced.
- Increased Job Satisfaction – College-educated students have access to better-paying jobs with fewer hours and less stress. They also enjoy higher levels of job security than individuals who do not have degrees.
Bachelor degrees provide students with the time management, organisational and critical thinking skills they need to excel. These skills are difficult to acquire without some form of higher education.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Bachelor Degree in the US?
Depending on the field of study, students will be able to choose from a variety of exciting careers after earning a degree. Here is a list of some of the most common types of baccalaureate degrees in the US and the careers they offer.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) – This degree is conferred to students who major in the fields of science and engineering. It usually requires a more science-heavy curriculum, and fewer humanities courses. Students who major in Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering and Mathematics, usually receive this degree at graduation.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) – Students majoring in the performing and creative arts are usually granted this bachelor’s degree. In order to earn a BFA, a student must major in Dance, Drama, Film Studies, Creative Writing or Visual Arts.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) – This is the most common type of bachelor’s degree, and it is awarded to students who major in the humanities and social sciences. Subjects such as Philosophy, History, Economics, Sociology, Anthropology and Architecture confer this degree.
As the economy continues to evolve alongside technology, the need for individuals with specialised knowledge will increase over time. This means that individuals who possess bachelor’s degrees will find that they have access to more jobs than others. This need for specialised knowledge is especially evident in the fields of business, science, medicine and technology.
After earning a bachelor’s degree, students in the US frequently choose to enter the following careers.
- Psychology (licensed professional counsellor or social worker)
- Biology (medical researcher or conservation scientist)
- Journalism (editor or reporter)
- Accounting (certified public accountant or director of accounting)
Before choosing a bachelor’s programme, be sure to choose a school that fits your needs and plans. Enrol in a bachelor’s programme to improve your career prospects now.